Tuesday, June 18, 2013

nine

For Hayes:

Nine years ago...




If you had told me that I would be living back in Nashville with three sons and about to send my oldest to school at my (then) place of work, I would have high-fived you and moved on.

If you had told me that I would have blond haired, blue-eyed boys, I'd have laughed and rolled my eyes. Yeah right.

If you'd have told me one of them would have curls, I'd have insisted you had the wrong girl. No way.

Yet here I sit with three somewhat blond, blue-eyed boys, one of whom has sweet baby curls. Never have I been more proud of you, of us and of what we have been able to accomplish together. Thank you, Hayes, for teaching me how to be part of a team.

Now, would you mind teaching our kids? They don't love the concept of compromise so much. Can't imagine where they got that...







No comments: