Believe it or not, I was once so organized that my friends used to call me "TK," short for Trapper Keeper, those handy binders decorated with all sorts of characters-of-the-moment from the 80s. I loved them. Of course, I have never been one to walk through the school supply aisle without buying anything. Ever. But I digress.
Yesterday, my to-do list was shoved aside because I suddenly realized that my passport is expired, and Hayes is whisking me away to the Caribbean in three weeks. [record scratch] So my whole day was devoted to safe-deposit-boxing, data entry, printer ink purchasing, ID photo taking and mailing. Okay, so there were some boys occasionally surfacing between naps, meals and shenanigans. I was busy. In the midst of all this, I asked myself why I couldn't manage to keep it all together anymore. I mean I know that the boys should take up my time, but must they take every morsel of memory too?
So I admit that I have been negligent in blog posts. I have been preoccupied and sometimes lazy. I admit that there were times that I had a few minutes but I didn't even know where to begin. Then I scrolled through some quick pictures taken over the last several weeks and I realized that the boys and their pictures tell a bigger story. I just fill in the details.
 |
| Their second favorite place to procrastinate (#1 is in front of the porch TV) |
 |
| Temporary breathing treatments for a bronchiolitis-prone little boy - he was a champ! |
 |
| Roasting marshmallows (pantsless, of course) |
 |
| Ninja-pirate baby-love |
 |
| the remnants of our silly string fight, after we realized Chief might eat our ammunition |
 |
| Backyard camping, take 1 - a success! |
 |
| a glow bath - highly recommend! |
 |
| Matthew turned one - and apparently doesn't love cake. More on that to come. |
 |
| ...but our snaggletooth sure is a cutie! |
 |
| Hayes and I took Peter canoeing and had a blast... |
 |
| ...while Davis spent a week with his Nanny Em in Louisiana... |
 |
| ...so Peter and Matty got some quality pantsless time together before... |
 |
| ...the big boys reunited again at the lake! |
 |
| He really is this cute all. the. time. |
 |
| Davis, standing pantsless on the back deck YELLING in anticipation for our babysitter, not due to arrive for 30 minutes from that moment. He's not exactly shy, nor does he suffer from separation anxiety. |
 |
| Backyard camping, take 2 - an even better success, because of the overhead view. |
Happy July!
No comments:
Post a Comment