Saturday, August 04, 2012

finally friday

We survived... on way too much television, but our first week alone has passed. Lots of lessons learned during those five days, not the least of which is that I am surrounded by good friends who swoop in just in the nick of time.

I spent my Friday evening at the grocery store, as I had neglected to really plan ahead for the last (catastrophic) visit. This time I was alone, relaxed after riding alone in my own car and listening to my own music as loudly as I pleased. I took my time strolling every aisle so I could stock up on anything I may need in the next several weeks. I'd rather take boys in for bread and milk than a long list of necessities.

As I finished up and headed for the check out, I passed the pharmacy section and remembered a little tidbit from our last visit. After his Cain-Abel moment and a few more minor transgressions, Davis disappeared momentarily only to emerge with a bottle of Tums saying, "Mommy! Tummmmms. Mommy! Tummmmms." Now anyone who spent any time with me during any of my pregnancies would have seen me pop Tums like candy from all the heartburn. Mercifully, it always disappeared at delivery. But here we are, 5 weeks on and little man was looking out for his mama. Didn't want me to forget my Tummmmms.

How can I possibly stay angry with such a sweet soul?

I still think I'll opt for night shopping, though. It was nice not having to apologize to anyone.

Thank goodness it's the weekend!





No comments: