In short, it went beautifully. I accomplished everything I needed to do and rolled right into school at straight up noon for Peter. Thanks to Reenie for taking Davis so I only had one tag-along.
Speaking of school...

Today was the first day of pre-K 5s and I believe his exact words at this moment were, "Mommy, I'm so excited!"
He ran right in, no qualms at all. In all the commotion we locked eyes, shared a wink and I blew him a kiss before he was off again. So, so were we...
Upon dismissal, he was all smiles. He gave me a thumbs-up and I asked if it was perhaps a double thumbs-up kind of day. He grinned and responded, "It was a triple - no, a thousand thumbs-up!"
My heart smiled.
Later today, Peter spontaneously confessed he had been nervous this morning. We talked about how common that is on the first day of school and I described the feeling of "butterflies." I thanked him for being so brave. After all, it's not bravery without fear, right?
He's getting so big, but he's already so wise.
No comments:
Post a Comment