Note: Aside from the drippingly pitiable stories below, it must be said that Matthew remains the most delightful little soul in this house. He is so sweet and precious, though I'm somewhat biased because he let me sleep 7 straight hours last night.
Is it the weekend yet?
I know you must be lost without an update on how we Bryants are faring on our own.
How shall I put this.... perhaps a few anecdotes will better illustrate the state of things around here.
Monday, 11:00 am - After an appointment I thought it would be fun for the boys to run and play at the park while I fed Matthew, especially since a feeding takes close to an hour. That gets difficult for such *spirited* big brothers. Suffice it to say that the pushing and shoving and yelling at each other made a peaceful feeding difficult. Moreover, Peter's untimely call of nature forced me to stroll across the park with a nursing baby. Davis tumbled down a hill then took off his shoes only to run around in the dirt so he could dig up rocks and throw them at Peter. Think I'll stick to nursing at home for a while. At least at home I don't have to worry about getting called out for indecent exposure.
Monday, 4:15pm - In a moment of desperation, I ventured out to the grocery store with all three children. Now the big ole infant carrier takes up the seat part of the cart, and I needed some cargo space, so the big boys walked. And ran. And rammed the cart with my 4 week old into an endcap, knocking over several shelves worth of Ghirardelli brownie mix. They threw random things into the cart, nearly collided with countless other shoppers, and elicited way too many looks of pity from the other ladies all over the store. Even the butcher came out to ask if we were doing okay. I. Was. Mortified. All that and I forgot the entree for dinner. I think that I'll be doing my grocery shopping at night until school starts in 4 weeks. I'd rather lose precious sleep than experience that ring of hell again.
Tuesday, 4:30 pm - Aggravated that I have had to repeat myself endlessly, furious at outright defiance from both boys, annoyed that timeouts are only viewed as a mere inconvenience, and soaked from cleaning up Davis's mess made while I was nursing Matthew, I confiscated every train and every Lego in the house.
Think they'll hear me now?
Me neither.
29 days til school starts!
1 comment:
I got the chills while reading this. It brings make too many memories of our house shortly after McClain was born. One day I met BZ at the door when he came home from work claiming to strongly dislike every soul in our house.
It gets better. So much better. The 3 month mark was very good to us.
Thinking of you. XO
Post a Comment