Casa Bryant is just a few small adjustments shy of baby ready. It took a village, and I'm grateful for all the help.
Davis came down with an ear/ eye/nose/cough situation last week, but thankfully responded quickly to the antibiotic.
His fever returned Saturday en route to Loozyanna with my mom. We were puzzled. Peter and I stayed another day in Birmingham to watch Hayes's final triathlon of the season. I cheered alone as he swam, biked, and ran his way to a personal record of which he can be proud. Peter had claimed to feel funny, so we braced ourselves for what awaited us in LA.
The answer? A totally separate illness : Hand, foot and mouth disease. AKA Coxsackie virus. AKA fever, spotted hands, spotted feet and blistered throats. My poor boys had to have been miserable, but they kept their sweet smiles on as best they could. The first two days were spent getting fevers to break, bribing fussiness with Legos and movies, then we were finally able to take advantage of the fun stuff today.

I remained perched on my lounge chair, changing from one uncomfortable position to the next every 5 minutes. My next stop: got a cheap maternity swimsuit because I'll be so much more comfortable in the water.
Yep, the end is near. Whether we are ready or not! So... taking bets on whether this baby will bake long enough for us to get back home to Tennessee.
Stay tuned for pics of our little rascal in a tuxedo!
PS. Now that triathlon season is over for Hayes, he's already taking up a new hobby. If the boys let go long enough for him to learn...

No comments:
Post a Comment