Dear sweet baby Davis,
It is with a heavy heart that I put on a smile for the occasion of your second birthday. Sure - I’m thrilled to celebrate you and the special day that you came into our family. It’s just that I can no longer get away with calling you a baby since you are capable of running, jumping, disagreeing and generally escaping me at nearly every turn. You are a little Houdini, indeed. Your charm is undeniable, which is good considering you’ll need it to get out of the predicaments into which your mischievous spirit will find its way.
As a second child, you have introduced us all to a new dynamic as a family of four. You have been such a good little brother for Peter, although he might argue that you knock over his buildings a few too many times. You have taught him about compromise and also how to still love while disagreeing. You are affectionate and love to hug and cuddle. One of your favorite ‘phrases’ is telling people “I love YOU!” You are a tough cookie, Davis. You hang in there with the bigger kids and you love every minute. You are quick-witted, stubborn, and smart – an explosive combination. One of our favorite stories about you is the day you saw another kid push Peter out of the way and you ran from across the room to push him back. You may be quiet at first (or maybe that’s because you’re not a big talker yet), but you are dynamite. Four years ago that kind of attitude would have frightened me but now I can appreciate that spark in our family.
This year holds lots of changes for you but I know you’re up for it. You’re up for anything. This baby in my belly is going to be your best friend and look up to you like you hung the moon, you and Peter. Won’t it be nice to be the big brother for a change?! We just really need to work on the throwing thing – or at least improve your aim.
Happy second birthday, little man. Thank you for your sweet, adventurous spirit and your ubiquitous smile.
I love you,
Mommy
 |
| He is part monkey, afterall... |
 |
| Enough of all this - when can I go back to the ball pit? |
 |
| Where's Peter? |
 |
| Honestly, I think Peter had more fun than Davis. And Davis had a blast. |
 |
| Puppet show |
 |
| Davis emerged from the back room on a motorcycle to the tune of "Bad to the Bone" |
 |
| Peter and his future bride, Bailey :) |
 |
| Bubble Bliss |
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment