Thursday, December 22, 2011

growth spurt

I suppose it is inevitable.  A little person learns to talk and suddenly you hear descriptions of bodily functions and ailments that really don't need further commentary.  Peter caught a quick stomach bug last week and apparently he can't wait to get sick again.  The movies and the cuddling were fun, hence being sick is fun.  Then today he asked me if I remember that time he "throwed up all over the bathroom?"  Yes, dear.  I won't soon forget.  Thankfully he was too sleepy to remember much except the movies. 

So the old appetite took a vacation - the kid would hardly eat anything, even peanut butter and jelly lost its luster.

Now?  We are on Day 4 of "I'm hungry!" every. fifteen. minutes.  He's been complaining of his legs hurting.  I fixed an extra sandwich at lunchtime to have on hand this afternoon when his snacktime appetite kicked in - he ate it directly after his lunch.  So far today - it's 2:30pm -  he's had two breakfasts, two lunches, and a snack.  He sneaked a rather large bowl of fruit into his room a couple of days ago and ate the entire thing (then hung the bowl on his crane hook and left it there to spill all over his books and floor).  The clothes I bought in October are too small. He's grown two inches since August. 

Is this a boy thing or was I really just that freakishly slow to grow?

My legs hurt just thinking about it.


No comments: