Monday, October 31, 2011

b is for...

Brennan!

Uncle Brennan and Aunt Lindsay visited Nashville this weekend and got their fill of some Bryant Boys. Davis hadn't seen his godfather in several months but it took less than two minutes before he had a new best friend. I think Brennan enjoyed a brief break from princesses and ballerinas (he has two girls and another on the way).




Other than the obvious sweet stuff, I think Davis really enjoyed another grown-up to harass about reading Thomas the Train stories. I know I enjoyed the reprieve.

Boo!

Our morning began with a Halloween parade at school. While we waited for Commander Bryant of the Shuttle Nashvegas, Davis the (space) monkey enjoyed some time on the big playground. All by himself.










By the way, this child NEVER carries his tail between his legs. When Peter finally came by, he covered his eyes with his hat so I couldn't see him. Super attitude, kiddo. So I have no good pics of him from Halloween.







Halloween is not my favorite holiday. Mix it with Monday and a really disrespectful four-year-old, and I was ready to call it a day at 4pm. Thank goodness for Aunt Callie coming to the rescue and wrestling my monkeys when I was about to cage them for the evening. We persevered and joined our good friends Rachel, Bob and Katie for some pizza and trick-or-treating.




Davis didn't quite understand the concept of gathering candy and then saving it for later. He wanted each piece right as he received it. We tried distracting him with the plush banana sewn onto his costume but it didn't work. Fortunately he was content to eventually stay in the stroller and eat a lollipop. Rachel and I were content to follow Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman as long as the kids would cooperate. Peter proclaimed trick or treating so much fun and said more than once how much he likes the night. The days are dark by 6 or 6:15 now so he's spending more and more time in the night. We have evaded any major fears of the dark but he has demonstrated an interesting aversion to stinkbugs, tornadoes and rattlesnakes. Don't ask - I don't know either.

There seems to be a couple of Starbursts missing from Davis's stash, which wouldn't be a big deal if we knew where the WRAPPERS ended up. He is such a puppy dog.

Happy Halloween!

So glad this day only comes once a year.



No comments: