Now I know how my mom, grandmothers and aunts feel when the whole
family gets together. I have had my mom and brother here for a week
now, a depressingly rare occurrence given my brother's work load and
schedule. I feel like the mother hen with all her chickens in one
place. Probably a bit like my mom feels, if I had to guess. The only
difference is that it has gone from being their vacation to my
vacation. The boys always have a special someone to themselves and I'm old news, so I've been painting walls, organizing closets,
shuffling seasonal wardrobes and even doing some clutter disposal via
Craigslist. Makes me realize just how productive I once was. Also
reminds me how much I wish we all lived closer (and not just because I'd
get more done).
We have been spending a lot of time
outside. At home, at the pumpkin farm, at the dirt pile/nature center.
Corn maze, hayrides (sans hay), swimming (indoors), park picnics....
it's hard to pick who is the most exhausted. We have to go back to the school week routine for a break!
 |
| Can we puhleeze go pick a pumpkin now?! |
 |
| Love those peepers |
 |
| ... and that smirk! |
 |
| Attempting the steal the props at the farm |
 |
| Troughs of corn + shovels = hours of entertainment |
 |
| I eventually gave up on a decent shot, but this shows how big they're getting! |
 |
| Love. |
 |
| Who is this giant and what has he done with my baby!? |
 |
| Inspecting the firetrucks at the Public Safety Demonstration |
 |
| Learning about corn mazes |
 |
| Not one to be left behind |
 |
| My boys |
| | | |
| Investigating the hayride situation | | |
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment