Saturday, July 02, 2011

verbatim

Have I mentioned that we have been in the "why" phase of threedom? Deep, deep, deep into this phase we just stopped answering. It became so exhausting to explain creatively and simply - and then there were always more whys. Our alternative grew into answering "why?" with another letter of the alphabet. Get it? Y? Over time we began to see more specific questions and haven't had to deal with it so much. Then came this morning.

On the way home from Noshville breakfast to pack the car for our trip to the lake:

P: Can I watch Jake [and the Neverland Pirates cartoon]?
H: Why?
P: Because.
H: Why?
P: Because I like it.
H: Why?
P: [growing exasperated] I don't know why I just like it!
H: Why?
P: [catching on] G!
H: Why?
P: K!
H: But why?
P: Mommy can I watch Jake please?
H: Why?
P: I'm asking Mommy so please don't interrupt me!
H: Why?
P: Daddy I'm talking to Mommy!
H: [to me] This conversation is totally reversed.
P: [as if on cue] Why?

I guess he showed us.






No comments: