I had a moment this morning. Davis woke during Peter's breakfast, so I brought him over for a good morning kiss. Peter laughed at something I said, and Davis immediately squealed and giggled with delight. This of course made Peter laugh harder, and with each guffaw Davis would respond in kind. It was a very sweet moment that actually made me tear up. Davis has always smiled at and looked for Peter, but this was their first active exchange in which I was neither facilitating nor fussing. And it was good.
More scenes from recent days:

About to spread the grass seed he planted at school for Earth Day.
He already knew the steps - he had helped Hayes the day before.

Hayes completed his first official half-marathon this weekend in 1:52:05. Yay! We are all very proud.
I brought both boys to the finish line and suspect that my hike across the river with our double stroller qualifies me for a medal as well. :)

Just 'cause he's so darn cute...
No comments:
Post a Comment