3840 hours
230,400 minutes
13,824,000 seconds
Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Mardi Gras, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
There. We caught up now?
Didn't think so.
 |
| I need this on a sign for my front door so guests know what they are getting themselves into. |
I have been putting this post off for so long. (See above) Not all that much has happened, but I just don't even know where to begin.
160 days of tooth fairy visits, first gray hairs, Minecraft extravaganzas, a family beach trip and a parent beach vacation, Lego creations, complaining about basketball (that was me!), big boy beds - bunk beds (!), crib disassembled, redecoration, learning to read, beginning a Cub Scout pack, and stomach flu, which, when combined with snow/ice storms, led t21 days with someone home with me at. all. times.
Now are we caught up?
Shoot.
Let's see.
Peter has his own room now with the same double bed Hayes had growing up. It may take up the whole room, but it sure is comfortable. I'm currently taking suggestions on how to fit a dresser, a nightstand, a desk, play space and a full bed in approximately 200 square feet. He is thriving in first grade and very excited about going to sleepaway camp this summer. After an exhaustive search of summer camps all over the southeast, we found one that is geared toward individual achievement as opposed to competition amongst campers. That works for us ;)
 |
| In soldier mode for makeshift "Angry Birds" |
 |
| Celebrating everyone attending school on the same day without anyone home sick |
 |
| Christmas |
Davis has officially grown the most between the three boys. He is a ball of nonstop energy, extroverted like his daddy. The winter is especially hard for him because the neighbor kids aren't out and we spend a lot of time inside. In the past week, we went from snow and ice to 70 degree weather and he is on top of the world. Outside at every opportunity, running between yards and often shin-deep in the creek with his buddies. He loves school and is elated to be joining Peter at "big school" next fall. How can it be that he's starting kindergarten!? He is the DJ of the minivan ever since his extraordinary obsession with the Frozen soundtrack, though Matthew is beginning to bark his requests out. Sadly, Frozen has given way to Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. A work in progress, folks.
 |
| the preschooler version of quality time |
 |
| Go Tigers! Davis will officially be an Ensworth Tiger next year and I don't know which boy is more excited. |
 |
| Make yourself comfortable, Davis |
 |
| I'm beginning to think they are incapable of sitting upright when together |
|
|
|
|
When I was pregnant with Matthew, Hayes and I would often talk about how he might fit into the spectrum between the Peter and Davis poles. Would he be more introspective like Peter or impulsive like Davis? Surely there wasn't a third pole... right?

He's a total ham. He puts on this shy face sometimes but he hides his face with a big tricky grin on his face. He loves when I say silly things like the sky is purple - "Mommy funny!" He knows the final word of almost every line of our bedtime songs, so he joins in only on those words. Every night. He loves butterfly kisses and the Daniel Tiger cartoon, though he calls it "Mom and Dad Tiger." He moved out of the nursery a few months back but we finally bunked the twin beds last week. He feels so big climbing into the bottom bunk! They wake early but instead of the fighting we had between Davis and Peter, there's lots of giggling. Together, he and Davis enjoy trains and Legos and marble sets. It's great that they have so many interests in common. Matty's energy level is approaching Davis's, so he will definitely give Davis a run for his money. I love watching the dynamics between all three of them. They complement each other really nicely; as it turns out, they complement me quite well too!
 |
| The view from our catamaran in Grand Cayman |
 |
| Beach Thanksgiving |
 |
| Swimming with the fishies |
We began Cub Scouts this winter as a family project - a new pack was necessary to accommodate the demand, and the Bryants found themselves in the middle of it all. Hayes is the Cubmaster and I'm the Tiger Den Leader. Let's just say I'm getting my teacher fix! We put on a pinewood derby last week and I suspect that Hayes may have had even more fun than the kids - and the kids had a blast!
 |
| Aren't they so cute!? |
 |
| building his car |
 |
| Peter's car |
 |
| Davis's car |
Okay, so I think that's 160 days in a nutshell. I'll try to make the next nut much smaller!
No comments:
Post a Comment