Friday, April 19, 2013

outside, overdue

Oh dear. I just noticed exactly how long it has been since my last post.  Might be a record. 

In an effort to catch up, I suppose I should strive for brevity and precision.

• After seven weeks of sick kids, we finally returned to normal. Then my mom came to help and she caught it. Now, we're all healthy save for really terrible allergies.  And it appears that little Matty has his daddy's allergic sensitivities too.  Speaking of, Davis loves to collect bouquets of dandelions for me from the neighbor's yard.  Hayes, on the other hand, cringes as he scatters their seeds all over our hard-earned grass.





• Spring has arrived and I don't suppose I have ever been so thrilled for sunshine and warmer weather. We need to be outside!






In the few seconds it took to snap a photo of Peter (and a photographic example of how quickly his expression can change), Davis enabled his jet-fueled legs and ended up 100 yards away with no intention of returning.

• Soccer has begun, giving us a glimpse of Davis we have never seen. He's reserved and quiet; mostly concerned with airplanes overhead. Peter is learning - we are working on gaining confidence and maintaining a positive attitude. He loves playing goalie; ostensibly because he can be alone and sing Peter Pan songs to his heart's content.





Davis is just happy to lie down and eat snacks, counting airplanes as they pass overhead.

• We have entered the Star Wars phase. Now they make Star Wars Legos. (That last statement just blew my brother's mind.)



Darth Peter
 
• Matty is officially weaned. Like Davis, he never would drink from a bottle so he drinks from a sippy cup. Reluctantly. But he's growing well and eating so much - still such a happy boy. Except when we feed him beets. No bueno.



• Me: You're getting so big, Davis! When will you be big enough to poop in the potty?
  D: (Thoughtful pause) Maybe in.... a gazillion days. (Walks away)

• The Peter Pan performance is a week away and big surprises are apparently in store.  Peter was cast as Michael Darling and he gets to choose whatever pajamas he wants to wear "to Neverland."  We are very excited for this performance and Peter specifically has been looking forward to it since he saw it as a three year old.  My fingers are crossed that he actually sings.

More to come.  Soon. 

I know, I know... really. 


No comments: