Sunday, December 23, 2012

merry "christmas adam"

I realize my 2012 blog book is going to be relatively slim this year, as my posts have gotten to be fewer and farther between.  I'll just assume that means the ones I do write are of a super high quality. 

As a crazy week/month/year comes to a close, I like the idea of offering a snippet to commemorate our boys at this point in their lives. 

Peter
five years old; enjoys being the big brother (read: bossypants); dinosaur fever gave way to becoming a Lego aficionado; helper extraordinaire when he's in the mood; favorite books are the children's bible and Encyclopedia Brown mysteries; adores his baby brother;  antagonizes his middle brother; curious, dramatic, and affectionate as always; favorite television show is Wild Kratts (an animal discovery show); watched ET for the first time and we are still fielding questions (not the good kind); homebody; prefers no clothes; almost as tall as his mommy; eager for kindergarten next year; a mama's boy

Davis
almost three years old, going on ten; one tough cookie; daredevil and thrill seeker who will try anything once (often more); consequently always injured but never complains about it; loves all things train-related and can spot railroads from the car with his eyes half-closed; chatterbox and copycat; always injured but never complains about it; prefers no pants; finally started speaking and uses a hilarious mix of robotic yet complete sentences; favorite television show remains Mickey Mouse Clubhouse; enjoys being a big boy and sharing a room with Peter; stays up late "reading" while Peter snoozes across the room; prefers the outdoors to indoors and showers to baths; a daddy's boy

Matthew
six months old and growing like a very round weed; roly-poly; enjoys eating and sleeping like his mama and squeals with delight when he sees his daddy; relaxed and easily soothed with a smile and a squeeze; mesmerized by his big brothers and entertained endlessly by their antics; prefers no diaper; finally rides in the car without fussing; often has his eyebrows furrowed; shows off the brightest eyes and smile; a brothers' boy

As I log off to go feed Baby Boy, I'll leave you with this:







Something tells me that if my name is ever up on a marquis, it likely won't be at a Christian bookstore.  Sorry, Granny.


No comments: