Thursday, November 01, 2012

parent fail

No pictures from trick or treating.

I know. How could someone who loves taking pictures NOT take advantage of this annual photo op? Suffice it to say that these hands were full. There was no time to fiddle with camera settings or check texts from eager and curious admirers for fear of losing our train engineer escape artist in the crowd.

I have been fortunate with Peter because of all the costumes out there, he has always chosen one that we have in the dress-up stash: fireman, astronaut, pirate, etc. This year he went to school as an astronaut (for the 2nd consecutive year), changed to a fireman for the afternoon and settled on a policeman for trick or treating. I didn't lift a finger.

Davis chose to be a train engineer weeks ago. I know, I should give you a minute to recuperate from the shock of it. Overalls, a bandana and the cap from the dress-up stash. He also added a race medal/dog tag to the ensemble. I just went with it.

So how is it that with so little necessary preparation, it still took me 1/48 of the day to get the car loaded?

Couldn't tell you. Well, aside from the tantrums. And the poor listening. And the oh-my-goodness-they-need-gloves-where-did-I-put-them-last-winter?!?

We spent the evening with our friends who have a daughter Davis's age and a two week old baby girl. The dads took the big kids out while the mommies stayed behind, handed out candy, and enjoyed our babies. I suspect I had as much fun as the boys!



I did catch a shot of the Itsy Bitsy Spider in a reprisal today. He enjoyed chewing on the six extra legs. He doesn't know what he's missing in the candy department.

On another note, it must be said that things are wacky when I'm considered the silly one and Hayes is finding gray hair.





1 comment:

Daddy said...

Perhaps making up for lost time, this Thanksgiving we took over 750 pictures between Sarah's camera, and 3 iPhones.