Sunday, April 08, 2012

easter

Spending the weekend at the lake has been a luxury that we have not fully utilized in the past couple of years.  What with weddings and birthday parties and ear infections and thingsthatcomeup, we simply haven't been down there as often as we'd like.  With the boys at these particular ages, though, it's like having Disney World to ourselves.  They are both familiar with the house and the rules of the dock, etc. They are comfortable enough in the water to keep me from lurching forward every time they come within 12 inches of the dock's edge.  (Although I admit I still have to resist the urge).  It's a change of scenery that requires little packing and no more planning than the usual grocery shopping I'd have to do at home anyway.  Reenie keeps the place stocked for all of us (clothes, food, drinks) so we could theoretically hop in the car and go, as long as we stop for Peter's precious milk and Davis's bananas.  We're set.

So this Easter weekend we had the added and unexpected bonus of Hayes having Good Friday off.  Thursday night we fought rain and traffic to get there but woke up to a beautiful morning on the lake.  Basically from then on, the kids hardly wore clothes, they threw sticks into a fire, they fished, they went on nature walks, and Davis got scratched up from head to toe but loved every minute of it.  We had boat rides and Easter egg hunts and baked and cuddled and watched TV.  It was pretty much another perfect weekend with the Bryants. 

In his underwear for an egg hunt - but happy as a clam

Do these stripes make me look fat?  (Awful picture, but you see how huge I am.)   

Digging for treasure

He is one tough cookie - every limb is scraped and scratched up!

Unprompted!?!

Looking for sticks to throw into the creek
I don't have a lot of pictures from the lake because I decided not to carry the camera with me everywhere.  I'm determined to get some practice as I haven't been taking too many pictures lately and I need to hone my skills before Baby Boy arrives.  Oh yeah!  He has a birthday!  If all goes according to plan, we'll have a baby early on June 29, 2012.  I know, I know.  How much bigger can I get?  ;)

God willing, we'll get to find out!



No comments: