Wednesday, September 15, 2010


The Chief saga continues.*  I can happily report that Chief recently surrendered to my maternal charm and he will now allow me within his comfort zone of 20 yards.  Additionally, we have spent many naptimes bonding over fetch and frequent attaboys.  I can also angrily report that he has decided to ignore our invisible fence and find his way out into the street while we are gone.  Fortunately, our neighbors have been very supportive and helpful since he refuses to go back through the fence to get home.  Curious dog - we haven't won him over completely just yet but he sure doesn't want us leaving him at home alone. Just yesterday he chased me out when I was taking the boys on a walk and in my effort to corral him, we had a mishap with the stroller.  I feel certain that I was more traumatized than anyone, but nevertheless it was a lesson learned for everyone.  Except Chief, apparently.  I came home this morning to see him standing in the street beside our mailbox.  'Just checkin' things out," as Peter says.  The dog trainer we had over yesterday suggested as a last resort to get another dog as a playmate if Chief seems bored or feels neglected.  After a pause, she followed up sympathetically with, "... and for goodness's sake will you please get a girl?!"

Peter and sweet Bailey on a train ride at the Belle Meade Fall Fest... note they are holding hands!

Eating a bratwurst balloon (a reference to a Richard Scarry book he loves - really just a hot dog)


"Wook Daddy!  I'm a tree!" (his words exactly)

How I will always picture Peter at this age:  bedhead, big blue eyes, and a smirk

*Disclaimer:  Poor Davis.  Poor, poor, second child Davis.  He's the one left out of this post because he's the one who's causing the least drama around here.  Rest assured that his shenanigans will pick up again in another couple of weeks.  (He's still cute, still mobile, and still loud.)

No comments: