NEWSFLASH! Peter's most used word is now pronounced properly. Instead of "cuck," (as in firecuck, trash cuck, pickup cuck, dump cuck, produce cuck, pumper cuck, work cuck, milk cuck, package cuck, etc.) Peter now says "terruck." My ears are so grateful.
Peter has been down and out this week - it started with fever on Saturday that morphed into coughing, sneezing, runny nose, etc. He actually told me today (!) that his ear hurt, so I immediately called the doctor for an appointment. Lo and behold, he's got the beginning of an ear infection. This whole talking thing is so handy sometimes! Hopefully now we have turned a corner. I sure don't want baby boy getting sick too. One is hard enough, thank you very much.
I remain certain that Davis is teething, though no pearls have emerged quite yet. He chews on his hands constantly! He goes back and forth between sleeping through the night and up every three hours, but at least I know he's headed for long nights. We figured out naps and he is a sleepy dream during the day. At bedtime, he's a wee bit more resistant. Like it takes an hour and half of off and on soothing to get him down for good. Thank goodness Hayes is willing to help. I feel really torn when Peter cries to me, "no go in nursery again peeez!"
A friend once told me that having #2 wasn't hard - it was just twice the work. I know what she meant: it's nothing you don't know how to do after the first one. I get that, but I call shenanigans. Balancing (juggling) these two is tough stuff, made harder sometimes by my nearly obsessive sleep training. I'm learning to cut myself some slack (and the boys); I'm pretty proud of the end product so far. We must be doing something right.
No comments:
Post a Comment