What a whirlwind few weeks! As we gear up for a visit to Uncle Geoffrey in California, we are talking lots about airplanes and airports. All the while I am attempting to downplay the fact that he will finally get to ride in an airplane. As soon as he catches on, he'll want to ride every airplane we see or hear. Folks, that's a lot of airplanes.
School is going really well! As I pulled into the parking lot today, he clapped and cheered, "Yay!" A far cry from two months ago. His teachers have loved watching him bloom over the past several weeks, and I must admit that he is talking more and trying harder to repeat after us. We continue to try and censor ourselves - it's a hard habit to develop sometimes. His tantrums have... developed... over the weeks he has been at school and exposed to other kids, but we're hard-hearted. He's learning he doesn't get very far with that nonsense. :)
Hayes is doing really well, staying busy at work and at home. He is still running a bunch and somehow he's able to eat whatever he wants without consequence. I, on the other hand, am growing daily. I feel well and am managing to get adequate rest for this stage in the game, so I count myself lucky. Just keep me in your prayers next week as I brave the germ-infested airplanes. This flu threat and the hype over its effect on pregnant women has me a bit thrown. My cousin suggested I wear a mask on the plane, and I may just have to do it. Oh, you'll see a picture for sure!
We are trying to spend lots of time together as a family these days, since our time as a trio is limited. Peter and I are just about finished with his big boy room, so pics will come soon. In the meantime, enjoy these snapshots of recent days...
School is going really well! As I pulled into the parking lot today, he clapped and cheered, "Yay!" A far cry from two months ago. His teachers have loved watching him bloom over the past several weeks, and I must admit that he is talking more and trying harder to repeat after us. We continue to try and censor ourselves - it's a hard habit to develop sometimes. His tantrums have... developed... over the weeks he has been at school and exposed to other kids, but we're hard-hearted. He's learning he doesn't get very far with that nonsense. :)
Hayes is doing really well, staying busy at work and at home. He is still running a bunch and somehow he's able to eat whatever he wants without consequence. I, on the other hand, am growing daily. I feel well and am managing to get adequate rest for this stage in the game, so I count myself lucky. Just keep me in your prayers next week as I brave the germ-infested airplanes. This flu threat and the hype over its effect on pregnant women has me a bit thrown. My cousin suggested I wear a mask on the plane, and I may just have to do it. Oh, you'll see a picture for sure!
We are trying to spend lots of time together as a family these days, since our time as a trio is limited. Peter and I are just about finished with his big boy room, so pics will come soon. In the meantime, enjoy these snapshots of recent days...
No comments:
Post a Comment