We have just returned from a long weekend at the lake with Reenie, Grandpa, and Peter's great aunt Dink. Upon our arrival, Peter immediately began dragging out every toy and book Reenie had for him while I started the first of at least seven loads of laundry that I brought from home. We were able to spend Reenie's birthday with her and play in the rain, watch the "wildlife," sit by a roaring fire, and honk a lot of horns (much to dismay of nearby fishermen).
Peter had a rough and tumble weekend. Saturday presented at least eight accidents that I can recall - lots of tripping and even a few noggin knockers that made us wince. He's got a nice strawberry along the side of his face from skimming the concrete...but don't worry, the driveway isn't cracked or anything. He also took his first dip in the lake! Accidental, of course, but that's what happens when the water's high and you just kind of lean off the step. His head must be super-heavy...
The remodel continues. We remain certain that the outcome will be worth the inconvenience, though we wish things were moving faster. And not in an impatient way - in a reasonable way. The workers seem to be taking their personal days on my clock. Perhaps if I bring Peter downstairs from now on and let him 'chat' to them all day, then they'd get a move on. Although, I'd prefer not to end up with drywall compound all over me again, thank you very much.
We have walls!
Other pictures didn't turn out,
but hopefully there will soon be more to see.
Now we're eagerly awaiting our parents' arrivals and a visit from the Easter Bunny. You think he'll stop even if Peter's bigger than him?
No comments:
Post a Comment