Tackling the runaway ball
The past few weeks have been jam-packed, so I'll cut to the chase...
We are so fortunate that Peter is a good sleeper who has decided that his bedtime is 6:30pm. That said, it would be nice (especially for this mama) to be able to go out for supper sometimes without worrying that Peter will fall asleep in his spaghetti. Hayes returned from a trip one afternoon early enough to relieve me of supper duty, and the three of us enjoyed a lovely dinner out together. At 4:45. On the upside, Hayes and I were able to participate in happy hour, ate a great meal, and finally convinced Peter to try ketchup. Now he is a lycopene addict.
Peter had struggled with a runny nose off and on since Christmas, so I finally took him to the doctor a few weeks ago during a particularly warm spell. He had no symptoms of illness other than the pesky congestion, so we surmised that Peter has indeed inherited his daddy's allergies. Since the weather turned wintry again, we haven't had any reactions, but we're armed and ready now.
A week later, Peter began to seem off in a whole different way... Long story short, we survived Peter's first fever, albeit scary to see our little rascal behave more like a wet noodle. We missed our little gym and music classes for a week, and he was very eager to return. In fact, he put two weeks worth of energy into our makeup class this morning. He has officially been asleep for two hours and forty minutes, which explains my ability to post. Below you will see a sampling of his activities this morning.
We also survived a very noisy week with roofers pounding, stomping, pounding, sawing and pounding all over the house. We had found a small leak over the porch and decided to replace the roof before it became a big problem with lots of repair work involved. We braced for the impact, but nobody was prepared for the noise. Whew! We moved Peter's nap down to the basement a couple of days, but I still don't know how he slept through it. Thank goodness for sound machines! I built a little palette on the floor in the bedroom downstairs; it was quite a hoot to see him wake up and walk right on out of the room (with bedhead to boot).
While the roofers were pounding away, I was changing all of the lever door handles to knobs. The levers were proving way too easy for little hands to operate, and I was happy to update the look.
All these projects are finally bringing our house out of the 60s and into the 21st century. More to cross of the list! Although it was a lot of commotion at once, we are thrilled with the results. Unfortunately, we didn't think ahead about the attic contents. We should have covered it all with old sheets but alas, it didn't dawn on us until it was too late. I'll be trudging up there with the vacuum to try and rescue everything from shingle dust. Ick.
No comments:
Post a Comment