Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Doesn't he just look angelic?  
(See previous post.  Please.)

Well, Christmas was a delightful whirlwind of treats, travel, toys, and more treats.  We relished every bit of our last holiday before Peter's little spirit is laden with thoughts of Santa, wish lists, and sugar.  Funny, given how this one was full of gifting, new toys, and sugar.

Our first Christmas was in Birmingham with the Bryants, where we spent lots of time together playing games, eating, and enjoying new toys.  Peter went on walks and wagon rides, but his favorite was playing the piano.  He also got a new crib and car seat at Reenie and Grampa's, so he enjoyed settling into his new digs.  It had been a while since all 6 of us were together at once, so we took the time to savor it.  Peter especially enjoyed his time dancing to bluegrass music with Reenie.  




We got to meet up with the Plaisances, dear friends who have been living in Michigan for a couple of years.  Our sons are only a few months apart in age but they had not met until now. 

Two generations of T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Then it was off to Lafayette for Peter and me.  He travelled well, which is great since I am struggling with the idea of getting a DVR player for the back seat.  I suppose I'll consider it more when he can sit and watch TV for more than 5 minutes.   Instead, I keep a large bag of toys and books on the passenger seat and I hand them back to him one by one for the 7 hour trip.  The car was full, with random toys strewn all over the place.  I should have taken a picture.  We arrived at Nanny's house on a Monday and enjoyed daily visits with family and friends through the entire week long visit.  Hayes joined us on Christmas Eve and was super excited about playing golf in short sleeves over his Christmas break.  Peter really loved watching the older cousins and flirting with his aunts, uncles, and 'greats.'  Next year, he'll be in the thick of it, I'm sure.  We spent some time at the playground (with which he was fearlessly and completely enamored) and took him to the ice cream shop... He wasn't sleeping as well as he usually does (sugar high?), but we soon determined that it was because he's cutting two of his canines.  It's been a slow process, but he is doing much better.  


Salute!  
(the rocking horse is older than his mommy)

Note the toy he is still playing with days after Christmas - an empty box.  


Outside fun with Nanny

How do we spend 9 hours in the car?




Home Sweet Tennessee Home!

Christmas seemed to last two weeks - that's how long we were gone!  Everyone was glad to be back home, especially this mama.  I love spending time with our families, but there's something really nice about being back on your home turf.  Peter's first activity when we walked in the door was to play with the car ramp he'd been missing while away.   Santa had delivered a set of Snoopy golf clubs for Peter, so we've had a few golf lessons built in to our days.  Something about coming home - everything just goes right back to normal.  ;)



We have Uncle Geoffrey here with us now and it has been quite a while since they've seen each other.  It took all of about 15 minutes, but now they are thick as thieves.  I cooked for three days leading up to Geoff's visit, and I ran out of food 24 hours after he arrived.  I am feeding three (still) growing boys.... bottomless pits, it seems.  The weather has been wet, cold, and dreary; thus, there's a lot of tower tumbling, chasing, hide-and-seek, and tickling.  

Oh, and lots and lots of giggling.  

Happy New Year!

No comments: