For those of you down in Louisiana (or anywhere south of Interstate 20),
this is why Nashville rocks.
I didn't know how wonderful fall was until I moved here and realized that it's actually a separate season - not just a couple of weeks where the temperature hovers between 80 and 60 before settling at 50 for the winter.
We've had a busy week, so I thought I'd share some of the highlights from the day I had my camera. It's foliage time, so we have hit many of the nearby parks under the guise of playtime. Peter was happy to swing and slide for a little while... He had much more fun swinging sticks and tumbling around the wide open spaces - he couldn't quite get upright and stay upright on uneven ground. He hugged a few trees, spotted a few airplanes, patted a few friendly rocks, directed some traffic, and played peek-a-boo behind a park sign. We all slept very well that night!
We are fortunate to have Hayes's parents in town this weekend for a visit. Peter has loved having his Reenie and Grampa here to play with him. Funny how this grandparent thing works - you live with a kid day in and day out and you develop a rhythm. You're used to each other and you just do your thing as usual. Enter a grandmother and it rocks that little soul to the core. Grandmother must exhaust herself to no end as a personal playground and no one else will do for meals, diaper changes, baths, or rocking sessions. Then when she's gone, his little heart eventually mends and it's back to business as usual. Something tells me his grandmothers' hearts aren't so resilient.
It's a big game day around here! Sorry Tiger fans... the Tide has been unstoppable as long as Peter has tuned in. #15 isn't so bad....
No comments:
Post a Comment