Friday, August 24, 2007

Happy Two-Week Birthday, Peter! We've had a great week and seem to be getting into a groove. Peter has begun cooing and his smiles, however accidental, are becoming more frequent. He loves to spend his early mornings on the porch with Nanny looking at all the trees and listening to Good Morning America. His facial expressions keep us in stitches, especially when he's concentrating on something he sees.


Uncle Geoffrey had made the trip to Nashville a few weeks ago in hopes of being present for Peter's birth, but missed the big event by mere hours. He quickly made arrangements to return so he could meet his nephew. This image captures the first meeting between Peter and his Parrain (French for Godfather and an Acadian tradition), and it was clear very early that they were both taken with each other. Mommy is constantly having to stop Geoffrey from waking Peter to play.





Family and friends have sent Peter really beautiful keepsakes and clothing. This is one of many new blue items that fill the nursery closet. We dressed him up to meet his uncle - isn't he handsome? If only Mommy were able to drive and take him somewhere...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel forwarded me the site. It is fantastic!! Peter is so hansome. I hope all is going well with the three of you. From the site it looks like things could not be better. Congratulations!
Lori

Unknown said...

This is so exciting! I love the Blog! I feel like I am right there with you. He already is changing so much! I can't wait to come visit. Let me know when you have a free minute this week :) Love, Cris